Breast surgery – whether you opt for enlargement, a lift or reduction – restores perky, firm breasts. The results themselves are lasting. And although you should continue to enjoy what you are getting from the results for many years, there are things you can do to help preserve these results and stave off breast sagging:
1. Protect yourself from sun exposure. UV rays from the sun or the tanning booth cause your skin to become dehydrated and saggy. It damages the DNA of skin cells and causes wrinkles. Just like the rest of your skin, the skin on your chest and breasts is susceptible to UV damage. So remember to apply sunscreen if your chest is exposed, and consider avoiding the tanning bed altogether!
2. Wear the right sports bra for running. Running is a particularly high-impact activity. Your breasts have to sustain a lot of bouncing, which can break down the supportive collagen. Wear a high-impact sports bra that fits properly to reduce this effect.
3. Eat well and don’t crash diet. Drastic and frequent weight fluctuations stress the collagen and elastin in your skin, which can lead to breast sagging. Avoid crash dieting and if you want to lose weight, try to do so in a way that gives your skin time to change with your weight. Also make sure you are staying hydrated to keep your skin plump and glowing.
4. Don’t smoke! Smoking is not only bad for your health, it’s bad for the appearance of your breasts as well. Ditch the habit if you haven’t already. It breaks down elastin in your skin, which is one of the components that keeps the skin youthful and elastic.
5. Wear the right bra. Just like wearing a sports bra, wearing the right everyday bra is an important part of keeping your breasts properly supported. And proper support helps to combat the effects of gravity and sag over the years.
Breast Surgery by Dr. Brown
Learn about breast surgery performed by Dr. Brown:
Dr. Brown is a board-certified plastic surgeon who founded our practice in 2000. She is passionate about seeing her patients enjoy the results they receive from the procedures she performs. She often provides restorative surgery for mothers who are interested in rejuvenating their bodies following pregnancy, childbirth and the demands that come with raising children. Breast surgery is a great way to create that type of rejuvenation, and she knows her patients would like to preserve the results as long as possible. The tips above should help to accomplish that.
Schedule Your Consultation at our Practice
If you live in Henderson, Las Vegas or the surrounding areas and would like to talk to board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Hayley Brown about breast surgery, please call Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center at 702-260-7707. Dr. Brown performs breast surgery as well as procedures for the face and body, and she is personally committed to helping you get the most from your results.