Initial recovery from a facelift typically takes around 1-2 weeks, with full recovery and results apparent after around 6-8 weeks. Although it can take up to a year for minor swelling, tightness, and numbness to abate fully, typically you’ll be able to return to work and your daily life within just 2 weeks.
A facelift can dramatically transform your appearance by taking years off your face. If you are interested in undergoing a facelift, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Hayley Brown of Desert Hills Plastic Surgery today by calling 702-664-6684.
Benefits of a Facelift
A facelift is a good choice for patients who:
- Have noticeable jowls and visibly sagging skin
- Want to obtain a more youthful, refreshed appearance
- Have realistic expectations
- Are non-smokers
A facelift is a good way to refresh the appearance and allow your face to reflect how you actually feel inside. Nowadays, people are living, working, and leading active social lives well into their 60s, 70s, and even 80s and 90s. Your appearance may not keep up with your energy, though. A wrinkled, sagging face can make you seem tired and old, even though you feel sprightly and energetic.
Dr. Brown performs facelifts that are very natural and preserve the unique characteristics of your appearance. She avoids over-pulled, “windswept,” artificial looks in favor of softer, gentler rejuvenation that refreshes and enhances rather than completely changes.
Facelift Recovery Timeline
Each patient heals at their own pace, but your facelift recovery timeline may look something like this:
- Week 1: Rest and recover. We’ll give you prescription medications to help with any pain or discomfort, and you should avoid any strenuous activity. You may feel an uncomfortable tightness in your face and/or neck, but rest assured that this is temporary.
- Week 2: Swelling, tightness, and bruising should have begun to dissipate. You will likely be able to return to work at this point, if your job doesn’t require strenuous labor. Some patients choose to remain at home until the bruising and swelling has fully subsided, while others feel ready to return to the public eye.
- Week 3-4: You should be able to return to all of your normal daily activities and resume light exercise by this point.
- Week 6-8: You should be able to see your final results at this time, and resume all of your normal activities including heavy exercise with no restrictions.
Tips for a Smooth Facelift Recovery
In order to facilitate your recovery, we’ve listed some tips for you to follow. While there’s no guarantee of a smooth recovery, since every patient is different and complications can happen to anyone, these tips can help improve your chances of a relatively easy recovery:
- Follow all of Dr. Brown’s post-operative instructions closely
- Drink water to stay hydrated (not soda, juice, or other sugary beverages)
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Don’t push yourself too hard, but make sure you’re at least somewhat active in order to improve blood circulation
Schedule Your Facelift Consultation
If you are interested in facelift surgery, contact Desert Hills Plastic Surgery today at 702-664-6684 to schedule your consultation. We serve patients in Las Vegas, Henderson, and other nearby areas of Nevada.