A mommy makeover is a term used to describe a combination of breast and body procedures that are most commonly used to refresh and reshape a woman’s post-pregnancy body. Because of this, our patients tend to believe that a mommy makeover is only for mothers. However, since a mommy makeover includes multiple plastic surgery procedures tailored to your needs, it can be performed whether or not you’ve had children.
Mommy Makeovers for Mothers
A mommy makeover is often performed on women who’ve experienced bodily changes during pregnancy and childbirth. Typically, a mommy makeover includes one or more of the following procedures:
- Breast augmentation: This can restore shape to breasts affected by pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Breast lift: This can give you a perkier look and correct stretched or drooping breasts.
- Breast reduction: This can reduce the appearance of overly large and sagging breasts.
- Tummy tuck: This can remove excess skin in your midsection while tightening your belly and adnominal wall muscles. It can also treat diastasis recti.
- Liposuction: This can remove pockets of fat throughout your body.
Both new and seasoned moms seek mommy makeovers with Dr. Hayley Brown. If you plan to have multiple children, the procedure is not recommended until you’ve completed your family. Having a mommy makeover before then could negatively affect your results.
Similarly, nursing moms will need to wait until they’re done breastfeeding before proceeding with a mommy makeover. This gives breasts time to return to a stable shape and size.
While these stipulations may limit what procedures should be performed, moms looking to enhance their appearance could benefit from one of our facial or non-surgical treatments in the meantime.
Other Candidates for Mommy Makeovers
What if you’re not planning on having children but still want to improve aspects of your figure and form? If you feel self-conscious showing off your body in a swimsuit or in front of your significant other, a mommy makeover may be able to help. Likewise, those who’ve lost a significant amount of weight but are still unhappy with their appearance could benefit from body contouring and other mommy makeover procedures designed to tighten and lift skin.
A mommy makeover at Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center is individualized to fit your treatment goals while being mindful of your health. Though you may not be a mother, Dr. Brown may suggest a mommy makeover to help you address one or more of the following concerns:
- Fat that’s resistant to diet and exercise
- A disproportionate body contour
- A saggy, stretched or protruding abdomen
- Asymmetrical, unusually shaped, or significantly small or large breasts
- Breasts that have lost their shape or appear deflated
- Nipples and/or areolas that are enlarged or point downward
You will need to be in good general health and at a stable weight before having a mommy makeover. This will help you have more positive treatment outcomes.
Mothers and non-mothers choose mommy makeovers for quite similar reasons — a mommy makeover can help you love your body and feel more confident in your skin. And because a mommy makeover is customized to each patient, you can undergo several procedures at once for reduced recovery time and a fully rejuvenated body!
Schedule a Mommy Makeover in Henderson, NV
A mommy makeover is designed to help you look and feel your best. If you would like to schedule a mommy makeover consultation at our Henderson, Nevada, office, please call 702-260-7707 or fill out the form on this page. The Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center serves patients in Las Vegas, Henderson and surrounding areas of Nevada.