A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure in which excess fat and skin is removed, and stomach muscles are tightened. Abdominoplasty creates a smoother and firmer stomach.
A tummy tuck is not a substitute for diet and exercise.
A tummy tuck should not be confused with liposuction. Liposuction is a procedure where fat deposits are removed from trouble spots.
Traits that make a good candidate include:
- Good overall health
- Stable weight
- A non-smoker
- Dissatisfaction with overall tummy appearance
You should not have a tummy tuck if:
- You plan to have more children. Stomach muscles that are tightened during a tummy tuck will be loosened again during pregnancy.
- You are planning to lose a lot more weight. Tummy tuck candidate's weight should be stable.
- You are trying to remove stretchmarks above the navel. A tummy tuck will not remove all stretch marks.
Patients are often unhappy with the appearance of their abdomen because of a combination of common factors, including:
- Changes associated with pregnancy
- Weight gain and sagging from age
- Significant fluctuation in weight
- Prior surgery
If you are interested in having a tummy tuck and you are in the Las Vegas area, contact Dr. Hayley Brown at 702-260-7707 to schedule your consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon.