Considering a mommy makeover? You are not alone. Many women have turned to Dr. Hayley Brown to restore their pre-baby physiques. Motherhood, as rewarding as it is, can also cause excess pockets of fat, sagging skin, protruding abdomens and drooping breasts. A mommy makeover can address all that and more.
The only way to know if you are a good candidate is to arrange a consultation with Dr. Brown. To do so, please call Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center in Las Vegas at 702-260-7707.
Things to Know Beforehand
Hoping for an honest, clear picture of the procedure before you decide whether to have a mommy makeover? Rely on Dr. Brown and our team. When you visit for a consultation, we’ll make sure you get all the information you need in order to make a decision.
Here are some things you may want to know:
- It’s okay to put yourself first. As a mom, you probably don’t often put your own needs first. Maybe never! A mommy makeover can feel self-centered to some moms at first, but it’s important to realize that your needs and wishes matter. Feeling good about yourself allows you to be the best version of yourself.
- Your shape will continue to improve as swelling subsides. Especially for a tummy tuck and breast augmentation, you may at first be surprised by the amount of swelling after surgery. Swelling is completely normal and expected. You will see your new shape take form over several weeks as the swelling subsides.
- Fitness can aid your recovery. A healthy lifestyle can help your body heal after surgery. A mommy makeover pairs well with an active lifestyle because it eliminates sagging and pockets of fat that exercise cannot change. It will also help to be as close as possible to your ideal weight before surgery. The procedures themselves are not a way to lose weight, but instead a way to refine certain areas of the body.
- The results may look pre-baby, or even better! A mommy makeover isn’t so much about making you look exactly as you did before you were a mother as it is about providing a way to look and feel like the best version of yourself. Your procedures will be carefully tailored to the look you want. You deserve to feel rejuvenated, refreshed and confident because of the mommy makeover.
If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to give us a call. We may be able to answer many of your questions over the phone, or we can arrange a consultation for you.
Tips for a Successful Recovery
Immediately after surgery you should get up and walk around periodically, about every 3 hours or so. You’ll have to take time off from most other exercise for about 4-6 weeks, which Dr. Brown will discuss with you in further detail. Here are some things you can do to prepare for the day of surgery:
- Make sure there aren’t any chores, errands or tasks waiting for you at home. It could take up to two weeks to feel fully back to normal.
- Rely on spousal and/or family support to help with children. For the first few days at least, you shouldn’t be driving your children to and from school, preparing meals or otherwise performing the main childcare responsibilities. A spouse or family member is very helpful during this time to take over those responsibilities.
- Create a pleasant place to relax before your surgical appointment. You should have a comfortable place to rest after your procedure. You may want to prep the area with pillows, books, movies or other things that will help you relax. Many women sleep in a reclining chair after a mommy makeover, because the recliner allows you to keep tension off of any abdominal sutures.
Our team will be available to address any concerns or questions you have after surgery, and before.
Common Questions About Mommy Makeovers
You may have questions. We hope you will call Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center for answers. We may be able to answer your questions over the phone, and we can also arrange a consultation for you with Dr. Brown. Here are some common questions:
How much will it cost? The cost of the procedure varies. It depends on which breast and body surgeries are incorporated. To get a custom estimate, please arrange a consultation with Dr. Brown. Our office will describe cost as well as financing options.
Can I still have children? Yes, none of the procedures will prevent you from getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy; however, you may want to wait until you are not planning for any more children. The reason has to do with your results. If you have more children, the pregnancies will likely change the results of your body and breast procedures. But the choice is ultimately yours, and Dr. Brown will be able to help you decide.
Is it completed in a single appointment? Most often, yes. In some cases, multiple surgeries may be scheduled. But it’s ideal to have everything completed in a single appointment.
Will there be scars? Yes, all cosmetic surgeries leave scars. Dr. Brown prioritizes minimal incisions placed in the most inconspicuous areas possible. Your scars will also lighten in color and flatten out about a year or so after surgery. Depending on the procedures, your scars should be in areas that are easily concealed with clothing, swimsuits and undergarments.
When can I get back to the gym (or back to my chosen physical activities)? It depends on the type of physical exertion. In general, most activity needs to be delayed for 4-6 weeks to let your body heal. But walking around is certainly required immediately after surgery and in the weeks following. Dr. Brown and our team will let you know how you can gradually resume intensive physical activity.
Your Consultation with Dr. Hayley Brown
To arrange your mommy makeover consultation with Dr. Brown in Las Vegas, please call our team at 702-260-7707. We look forward to meeting you and showing you our state-of-the-art plastic surgery center.