Posted: June 29, 2020
Unwanted signs of aging, such as wrinkles, depleted facial volume, and sagging skin, can negatively impact your self-image, and in turn, the confidence you project in your personal and professional interactions. For women and men hoping to combat the effects of aging with non-surgical options, there a number of cosmetic injectable treatments available to help you look refreshed and revitalized without scalpels, sutures, or downtime.
Led by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Hayley Brown, Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center offers the most advanced non-surgical treatment options to help you look and feel your absolute best. We will take time to get to know you and your individual goals, and recommend the procedure or treatment that is best for you.
Popular Non-Surgical Wrinkle Treatments
There is no one-size-fits-all solution to wrinkle treatment. Depending on your unique attributes, concerns, and goals, it’s important to determine which option is ideally suited just for you. Some of the most popular and effective non-surgical wrinkle treatments available today include:
- Botox® Cosmetic: One of the world’s most popular non-surgical wrinkle treatments, BOTOX® Cosmetic is an injectable wrinkle relaxer made of botulinum toxin type A. By temporarily blocking the nerve signals that cause facial contractions, BOTOX® Cosmetic reduces the appearance of existing dynamic lines in addition to preventing more wrinkles from developing in the future.
- Juvederm: The most popular wrinkle filler in the U.S., Juvederm harnesses the power of hyaluronic acid (HA), a substance found in the human body that acts as a natural lubricant and cushion around the joints, eyes, and skin. Juvederm uses this naturally-occurring material to add volume to smooth out wrinkles or fill hollows to create a more youthful appearance.
- Juvederm Voluma: This injectable gel is the first and only filler approved by the FDA to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks and mid-face. Juvederm Voluma decreases the appearance of lower eyelid hollows, nasolabial folds, and provides a subtle lift to the face.
- Restylane: Approved by the FDA in 2003, Restylane was the first hyaluronic acid injectable filler. Injections of hyaluronic acid create “micro injuries” that stimulate new collagen, thicken skin, and smooth wrinkles. Restylane Silk was approved by the FDA in 2014 to smooth lines around the mouth and plump the lips.
- Radiesse: Rather than botulinum toxin or hyaluronic acid, Radiesse is a volumizing filler that uses calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHa). This is a synthetic substance that is totally bio-compatible and naturally dissolves in the body over time. Radiesse is ideal for restoring youthful volume and contours to enhance the cheeks and jawline. It is also the filler of choice for hand rejuvenation.
- Belotero: Developed by the makers of Radiesse and approved by the FDA in 2011, Belotero Balance is a newer hyaluronic acid filler designed to correct moderate to severe wrinkles and folds on the face. Belotero’s chemical structure creates a thinner substance that is smooth and naturally spreads within the treated area. It can achieve natural and subtle results by integrating evenly into facial tissue.
- Sculptra: This filler uses injectable poly-L-lactic acid to treat facial fat loss and nasolabial folds. Unlike other fillers that produce immediate results, Sculptra Aesthetic is a collagen stimulator that builds up your natural collagen gradually over time and multiple treatments. This creates subtle, youthful results without ever making you look as though a treatment was performed.
With so many options to choose from, it may feel difficult to know which is right for you. The best way to determine your ideal wrinkle treatment is to arrange a confidential consultation at Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center. During your initial consult, we will discuss your goals, examine your skin, and carefully explain all of your treatment options.
Contact Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center Today
To learn more about the many non-surgical wrinkle treatments available at Desert Hills Plastic Surgery, call our Las Vegas office today at 702-260-7707.