Dr. Hayley Brown went to medical school to pursue her lifelong goal of becoming a plastic surgeon. She was raised in a family of physicians and was exposed to various medical fields during her childhood in Scottsdale, Arizona. Plastic surgery always sparked interest, as it was the only field in medicine and surgery where science merged with visual art, both passions for Dr. Brown. She has always enjoyed working with her hands and creating, and making art is a regular part of her life.
When asked why she became a plastic surgeon, Dr. Brown replies:
"I have always been visually oriented and artistic, with an appreciation for beauty. I am creative, and appreciate uniqueness in nature and in people. The best thing about my specialty is actually being able to visualize my work, and to have other people appreciate and experience happiness at the improvements. I enjoy the constant challenge, as no operation is exactly the same, based on individual differences in anatomy, tissue characteristics, and also patient desires. It is always interesting to experience another individual’s perception, and to satisfy personal goals on all levels. I strive for excellent results, naturalness, and harmonious body proportions, while honoring individual expectations. The best part of my job is the relationships I develop with my patients and seeing their joy from the confidence and self-esteem boost they get from my work."
Giving Back to the Community
Dr. Hayley Brown enjoys giving back to the community, helping people outside of the office setting, and being involved in important events in Las Vegas. Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center is a Corporate Sponsor for Three Square. Three Square is our community food bank working hard to end hunger in Las Vegas and the surrounding areas by providing meals to those in need.In addition to supporting and providing financial assistance to Three Square, Dr. Brown and her staff volunteer to help distribute wholesome meals to the people in our community who are struggling to feed their families.
Dr. Brown is also a regular sponsor for the Susan Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, and the Race for the Cure in Las Vegas, dedicated to saving lives from breast cancer. Every year the Desert Hills Plastic Surgery team, called "Breast Friends 4 Ever", runs the 5K race to raise money for breast cancer research, hoping that one day there is a cure for this disease that affects one in nine women. Dr. Brown also annually sponsors the Goodie Two Shoes Foundation helping to provide shoes for children in need. This year, she is also a platinum sponsor for the Clark County Medical Alliance Annual Fashion Show raising money to provide health care for our Nevada Veterans.
Other charities Dr. Brown has contributed to include:
- The Alzheimer's Association
- The Prostate Cancer Foundation
- The Red Cross
- The Children's Heart Foundation
- Artists for Autism
- The Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation (NCCF)
- Junior Achievement
An Experienced Plastic Surgery Team
At Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center, all surgery is performed with the highest safety standards in place, in fully accredited outpatient surgery centers with a board-certified anesthesiologist (Dr. Steve Brown, Dr. Hayley Brown's husband).
What makes this practice special is the fact that your board-certified anesthesiologist and plastic surgeon have been working successfully as a team since 1996. They will make sure you are taken care of before and after your procedure, that your surgery is safe and you remain comfortable at all times, and they will care for you post-operatively so you have a quick and easy recovery.
Dr. Brown has hospital privileges at St. Rose Dominican Siena Hospital.
Her professional life is well balanced with her family; she lives in Henderson with her husband and 4 children.
Education, Certifications, Awards and Recognitions
- University of California, San Diego, BS in Bioengineering, 1990
- Provost's Honor List for high GPA, UCSD, 1990
- University of Texas Houston Medical Center, MD with Honors, 1994
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society for ranking at the top 10% of medical school class, 1994
- Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Award and Achievement Citation for outstanding performance in medical school and top scholar, 1994
- General Surgery Internship and Residency, Phoenix Integrated General Surgery Program, 1998
- Plastic and Reconstructive Fellowship, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, 2000
- Medical Doctor Licensure by the Arizona Medical Board
- Medical Doctor Licensure by the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Hospital Privileges at St. Rose Siena Hospital
- Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, 2001
- Maintenance of Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, 2011
- Founder and CEO of Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center, Henderson, Nevada, 2000-present
- "Top Doctor" by Las Vegas Life Magazine
- "Who’s Who in Southern Nevada" by In Business Magazine
- "Best Doctors in Las Vegas" by Las Vegas Seven Magazine
- "Top Doctor" on Real Self
- Real Self 500 Award
- "Top Plastic Surgeon" by Castle Connolly
- "Top Doctor in Plastic Surgery" by Vegas Inc. Health Care Quarterly
- "Top Plastic Surgeon in Las Vegas" by My Vegas Magazine, Cover, 2016, 2017
- "My Face My Body Award" finalist for Best Plastic Surgery Practice in the West and Best Face and Body Surgical Makeover, 2016
- "People Love Us on Yelp" Award, 2017
- American Medical Association Physician Recognition Award, 2017
- "Top 100 Women in Las Vegas," My Vegas Magazine, Cover, 2017
- Castle Connolly, "Exceptional Women in Medicine", 2017
- "Power Players in Las Vegas", Luxury Las Vegas Magazine, May 2017
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Nevada State Medical Association
- Clark County Medical Society
- Association of Women Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Contact Dr. Brown today to find out how her experience in art and medicine can benefit you: Call Desert Hills Plastic Surgery Center at (702) 664-6684 or fill out the online contact form on our website to schedule a personal consultation.